The creation of a web page, whether to share hobbies, promote a business or market products and services, is essential to give visibility to any initiative today.
However, it is not enough to create an attractive website , it is also necessary to bet on a good search engine positioning strategy so that the target audience can easily find the website that is intended to be made known.
Antoine Blot, SEO manager at Hubside, shares the main keys to improve the SEO of a website:
- Speed. When a user accesses a web page, he intends to find the information he is looking for quickly and easily. So that the loading speed of the page is not slow and the visitor does not leave the web, it is important to optimize the resources of the home page . One way to do this is to bet on images in .JPEG format with quality optimized for web pages, not overloading the home page and reducing the number of colors and font types used.
- Authority. Search engines like Google measure the authority of websites based on the type of content they offer and its quality. To achieve a good authority score, interesting and original content must be incorporated into the web page, getting other pages with good authority to link to the website, avoiding links with 404 errors or unnecessary 302 redirects, and linking to other pages of the website itself. are related.
- Contents. When creating content on a web page, it should be emphasized that it is optimized for SEO . In this sense, the first step is to incorporate a blog on the website in which to make relevant publications on a regular basis. When posting on the blog, tags and keywords must be included, as well as maintaining friendly URLs so that search engines understand the information on each of the pages. Finally, the content must be attractive. This can be done, for example, through the use of videos or images that make reading more enjoyable and add value to plain text content.
- Indexability.Having an optimized website is a big step towards achieving good search engine rankings. To get search engines to find a website, it is essential to take indexability into account. To have an indexable website, that is, so that search engines can crawl the content of the website, the first step is to make a good outline of the information on the page through a clear menu that allows robots to discover the information that is finds lodged and classify it. However, it is important to indicate to the search engine robots the pages that you do not want to index so as not to waste the time of the crawlers. Another important point in this step is to include complementary text for those elements that are not trackable, such as images or videos, through the alt attribute..
- Optimization. When optimizing the content of a web page, it is important to incorporate H1 and H2 titles related to the text and that have a hook, as well as a Snagit , which is the description that appears in Google before accessing a website. Likewise, it is interesting to relate the keywords of the web page with URLs that allow both crawlers and visitors to know the content they are going to find on the web, without even having read the entire page.
In short, in addition to creating a visually attractive page with content of interest to our target audience, it is necessary to optimize and exploit its possibilities with proper SEO optimization.