Facebook in the year 2020 has 2.45 billion active users, and there are numerous issues associated with one of the best social media platforms loved by many. However, everything has some flaws, and the same is the case with Facebook networks. Facebook error code 994 is one of the common issues encountered by many Facebook users. However, users need not to panic as there are measures and methods which will definitely resolve the concern of this Facebook network error.
Know What is Facebook Error 994
This error pops up on the screen when the user tries to sign in to his/her Facebook account, and the message reads as “Sorry, an unexpected error has occured.” It irritates the shit out of the users because it stops the users from accessing their Facebook account. Some of the significant symptoms of Facebook error 994 are mentioned below:
- Device getting freeze
- System is running slow
- This error blocks the active program Window
- It also blocks the background processes, and at the same time, it stops the programs from running
- There are high chances that a critical message might pop up on the screen
Primary Causes of Facebook Error Code 994
You might have heard of ‘everything happens for a reason,’ and Facebook error code 994 also crops out because of specific causes. Below are some of the major causes of the same:
- When the user installs a corrupted version of the Facebook app
- When the Facebook software user has downloaded is incomplete
- When the device is running some malicious programs
- When the device is connected with a malicious network
- When user’s DNS network is filtered out on Facebook
- When the user has entered incorrect login credentials
- When the user uses an outdated version of the Facebook App
- When the device has the wrong date set
It is suggested to all the users that now when they know what exactly is Facebook error 994 and what are its symptoms and causes, they should pay proper attention while accessing Facebook account and should definitely stay away from malicious products.
Troubleshooting Methods for Facebook Error Code 994
Facebook error code 994 is a runtime error, and there are high chances that you guys must be aware that runtime errors are persistent. However, there are always solutions to get rid of the errors, and similar is the scenario with Facebook network error.
Method 1 – Close All the Conflicting Programs
Runtime errors usually happen when the programs conflict with each other. The first step to eradicate this concern is to stop these conflicting programs, and below is the step for the same:
- Firstly, open the Task Manager by clicking Ctrl+ALT+DEL all at the same time, and then you will be able to see all the programs running
- Now, go to the Process tab and stop the programs by highlighting each one of the program and clicking on the End Process button
- Check if the error message is occurring every time you stop a process
- Once you identify which program is the reason, then you can move forward and reinstall the application
Method 2 – Update or Reinstall Conflicting Programs Using Control Panel
- In the case of Windows 7, click on the Start Button and then click on the Control Panel and uninstall the program
- In the case of Windows 8, click on the Start Button and click on More Settings and then click on Control Panel and uninstall a program
- In the case of Windows 10, simply type Control Panel in the search box, click on the Result and then click on Uninstall a program
- Once the inside Features and Programs are sorted, then click on the Problem Program and click Update or Uninstall
- If you wish to update, then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the whole process. However, in case you follow the prompt to uninstall & then re-download, then use the application’s installation disk
Method 3 – Run Disk Cleanup
There is a high probability that you are experiencing the runtime error because of very low space in your system, so consider to clean that space by the following steps
- Backup your files and free some space from the hard drive
- Clear your cache and reboot the system
- Users can run Disk Cleanup by opening their Explorer Window and then by making a right click on your mail directory, which is generally C
- Now, click on Properties and run the Disk Cleanup smoothly.
Method 4 – Reinstall the Graphics Driver
If you feel that the error is popping out because of a bad graphics driver, then follow the below steps:
- Open your Device Manager and navigate the Graphics Driver
- Right-click on the video card driver and then click on uninstall and then restart your computer
Method 5 – Update the Virus Protection Program or Download the Latest Windows Update
Virus infection can be the significant reason for runtime errors, and it is suggested to take some action on priority in this regard. Apart from this, ensure that you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of your computer and also run the Windows update so that you can get the latest virus fix.
The above troubleshooting methods will surely help you get rid of Facebook error code 994. In case you want to email Facebook related problems, then you can search for the steps by mentioning how do I email Facebook with a problem on Google, and you get all the steps for the same.