Every entrepreneur or company that wants to start a business needs a physical place where they can carry out their activity.
For this reason, in today’s article entitled how to choose a place for my business, we are going to focus on several ideas and tips so that you know how to choose a commercial place that suits your needs.
Do I Need Commercial Premises?
Before giving you a series of tips on how to choose your business premises, it is essential to ask yourself the question of whether it is the best option.
And it is that many people choose the option of renting a place for their business, it does not mean that you have to do it.
That Is Why You Keep The Following Questions In Mind:
- You need a place adapted to your business activity. An example, if you want to work as a barber, you will need certain permits and requirements to have gas, electricity, ventilation, hot water and everything you need to cut people hair and other related actions.
On the contrary, if you want to open a consultancy, the legal requirements are a little different than if you want to open a travel agency, however, the physical requirements (space, tables, chairs and light) are similar.
- Physical location of the place. If the activity needs a constant flow of people you need a central location, but that raises the rental price.
- Architecture and design of the space. Details such as furniture, space, light, square footage, floor and walls are factors that will affect your decision.
On the other hand, think that you still need to make reforms and here there can be several cases.
One of them is that you have to ask for a special permit for the location or that you do not have problems directly. In any case, check everything.
- Legal procedures. It is not the same to rent a place available to enter than another that needs reforms and a project for its conditioning.
You still need to open at the moment, so you will have to look for a place that suits your time and not the work.
How To Choose Commercial Premises For My Company? Keys And Tips
Once we take into account the aforementioned factors, it is time to look for our commercial premises. For this, nothing better than knowing the steps to follow to rent the office or physical space.
- Is it relocation or do you want to physically move your business? Depending on the case, you will need professional advice. Here comes the figure of a technician who will help you with the choice.
- You need an activity license. This role is used for the opening of any business.
But it is possible that you already have it active, but you only want to move so you will have to check if you need to update it or request a new one.
Basically, the activity license is used for the administration, generally, both local and regional, to verify that you have everything right.
And that your premises have the physical and legal conditions to avoid causing problems for nearby residents. For example, excessive noise to neighbors.
- Each administration has different procedures and requirements. It is possible that you find yourself in the event that they do not ask you for more than a certificate depending on where your business is located.
Or that the administration or municipality where the premises is asked you for all kinds of papers. Here the help of a technician hired for a project can help us with the procedures.
- Check that the work activity can be developed in our local and city area. This is obvious, but there are cases of professions that may have problems depending on the area of the city where the business is located.
For this, you must consult the Urban Planning Plan of the place where you are going to develop your activity. You may need a compatibility certificate or technical consultation to fix this problem.
- What license does your physical activity need? As we have said, the legal procedures depend, to a large extent, on the activity that you are going to develop.
You do not need the same if you are a barber than an architect. And depending on the Autonomous Community there may be several kinds of license, for example, from environmental license, to integrated license, to give several examples.
Depending on the size of the company, they may or may not affect you. Companies of a certain business volume have different legal requirements for permits than small ones.
- Accessibility of the premises. As you well know, the premises must comply with a series of regulations that allow access to all types of people.
Therefore, you should check several things, the first the entry barriers for disabled people and the bathrooms. If there are steps, you will need some type of ramp or option to save the slopes.
The same thing happens with the entrance, the size of the doors and the bathrooms. They must be adapted to local regulations and respect the access distances.
The normal thing is that the entrances have a minimum of 80 centimeters so that the passage can be done without problems with a wheelchair.
- Depending on the type of premises, they may have a minimum height. Check the requirements of your municipality, this is important due to the issue of the minimum lighting that must be met for the workers and the workplace space.
In addition, the façade of the premises and the amount of light that enter into play here.
- Adapted bathrooms and common places. As we have said in section 5, the ticket must be adapted for people with disabilities. And the same is true for the bathrooms.
Here, some basic measures included in the Technical Building Code must be respected, which may vary a little depending on the physical space of the place.
- Electrical installations and services. If your premises require a large amount of electricity or it is a place with high traffic, it is preferable to check the electrical installation of the premises.
The same happens with water, heating and other aspects such as lighting and emergency exits, if necessary.
- In the case of being a place like a music studio that generates a lot of noise, you should avoid disturbing the neighbors.
To do this, you must comply with the acoustic insulation requirements required both for the development of your activity and for the administration that requests it.
- Check licenses and ask for advice. Think that if you set up a business as if you were moving, you should fill out and ask for all kinds of bureaucratic papers apart from choosing the place that best suits you.
Therefore, it is recommended that you go to professionals so that your search is not complicated.
Here you have several options, if you are going to make reforms of a premises you almost certainly need a construction technician to help you streamline the issue of licenses and the reform project.
You can get the best Properties for Sale in Downtown Dubai if you want to stay in Dubai at affordable rates with exotic places. Contact Zoomproperty and avail this opportunity now.
On the contrary, if you have a little clearer ideas and you only need a small list of stores near a place, we recommend that you go to a real estate professional since they know the market and can help you define several sites that meet your requirements.