Download the Office app and test the functions of Microsoft Excel
Although there are plenty of office suites for Android , Office is one of the most popular worldwide . And it is not for less, since the package has very complete functions that keep its users hooked.
And what is the highlight of the Microsoft tool? Well, with the Office app for Android you can create Excel documents without having to install extra apps . Do you want to know how to do it? Then follow the steps that you are going to see below:
- Open Microsoft Office and press the “+” button .
- In the menu that you will see on the screen, click on the Excel logo .
- At that moment, the app will give you 3 options to create your file . These are:
- Digitize a table.
- Open a blank book.
- Create your document based on a predesigned template.
- Choose the option that suits you best according to what you are going to do with the spreadsheet.
And if you want to open a file that you already have saved on your mobile , do this:
- From the “Start” menu, tap the folder icon .
- Press the “This device” button .
- Then go to the place where your file is stored.
On the other hand, don’t forget that with this app you can access Microsoft’s other office automation programs , not just Excel. So having Office on mobile is also one of the best methods to use Word on Android .
Edit your tables and graphs with Microsoft Excel
There is no doubt that this is one of the best spreadsheet apps for Android . Therefore, if you want to make the most of this type of files on your mobile, you cannot miss Excel .
To start using the application you just have to:
- Enter the tool and click on the “+” icon .
- Select the device where the document will be saved.
- And choose the base template that you want to use in your file.
Google Sheets: manage your spreadsheets with the best alternative to Excel on Android
You don’t like Office tools? If so, then maybe you skip Excel. In that case, we recommend downloading Google Sheets .
Consider that the Big G app can open XLS or XLSX files without any problem . In addition, everything you do in this tool is synchronized with your Drive cloud. And being part of Google Workspace , the app is free and can be used by anyone with a Google account. So there is life beyond Excel!
Here’s how to create a new document in Google Sheets :
- Enter the app and touch the “+” symbol .
- Then choose a predesigned template for your file , or select the “New spreadsheet” option.
- And ready!
You can also use Excel online on Android
This way of having Excel on your mobile is quite curious, since you don’t have to download an app to test Microsoft’s tool. Instead, with this method you must enter your OneDrive account and use Excel from your smartphone’s browser . Learn how to do this with the list below:
- Open the Office website and sign in with your Microsoft account .
- Now click on the Excel logo .
- Then click on the icon of the 3 horizontal dots (this is located in the upper right part of your screen) and activate the computer view .
- By doing this, you will see the options that allow you to create and edit your files online .
Those are the best ways to use Excel on Android! Of the 4 methods we just showed you, which one is your favorite and why? Tell us in the comments.