Link building is an off-page SEO practice whose mission is to get links that point to our website from third-party pages. Learn more in the following article.
What is link building?
Link building is a practice for optimization of SERP positioning, just like SEO and SEM . Being more specific, it is a technique included in off-page SEO. Its main function is to get links that point to our website from third-party pages.
As HubSpot indicates , this strategy “allows you to increase the quantity and quality of incoming links to your website.” Thus, our page will increase your domain authority and web popularity. Two factors that Google highly values for positioning in its search engines. In addition, by having more links from other websites, link building favors indexing .
On the other hand, it is a practice that provides short-term results. In fact, 49% of SEO specialists indicate that the period to notice the positive effects of a link building strategy is one to three months. This was reported by an Aira survey .
Types of link building
It consists of creating high-quality content that is linked naturally. That is, that they are recommended or mentioned on third-party pages solely for their value and contribution. Linkbaiting requires a lot of creativity and time. Only then can you stand out among so much information on the web.
Generally, they are press releases about a study or event of interest in your professional sector. If they are written originally, you will get them published by the media. In addition, it will help your website to increase its authority.
It is about participating as a guest author on another website. This link building shows you as an expert on a topic and allows you to mention your page as a reference. Try to collaborate with a website with authority and where you see potential clients.
In the profiles of your social networks (LinkedIn or Twitter, for example) you can also place links to your website. Don’t forget to share the contents of your page on these platforms and include a call to action on each of them.
Forums and blog comments
This type of link building consists of participating in forums and blogs with comments. In other words, it adds value to the debate by placing links to your website. But be careful as this practice can be classified as spam if you repeat it too many times.
They are payment links on pages linked to your professional sector, they can be blogs or magazines. The advantage of this type of link building is that it will be in a context related to your activity and, as a consequence, the user will see it more naturally.
Link building: 10 reasons for the importance of a content strategy
- It will allow your page to be positioned among the first search options in Google.
- It will improve the reputation and give credibility to your website.
- It will increase web traffic by having more visits.
- It will create relationships with other websites in your sector.
- It will increase the Domain Authority (DA) of your website.
- It will position you as a benchmark or leader within your industry.
- In addition, it will reduce the bounce rate of your page.
- Link building will give your content greater visibility and exposure.
- By getting more web traffic, the opportunities to generate income will increase.
- It will improve metrics like Domain Rating (DR) or Page Rank (PR).