Digital payments are the way of the future as it has seamlessly been adopted by the world over the last decade. With several initiatives of the government and encouragement from the various industries, digital payments have also been integrated into the Indian economy and many people these days make payments for online and face-to-face retailers through these payment apps and digital wallets. These payment apps have also made it very easy to transfer money anywhere in the world through just a few taps or clicks on our smartphone. Many of these payment apps have also got some additional features that make them useful in a variety of situations. Here are the 5 best payment apps and digital wallets in India which deserve to be your top picks if you wish to opt for a digital payment app.
- Airtel Payments Bank – Airtel Payments Bank is much more than just a digital payment app. It has a payment bank license from the Reserve Bank of India and was the first one to get it. It is UPI enabled so that it can get the money directly from your bank account removing the need to recharge your account. It also has some neat additional features such as withdrawal of money using Aadhaar authentication using the Airtel Payments Bank physical branch. You can make payments for utilities, telecom bill payments, and carry out recharges. You also get a neat free digital debit card through Mastercard to carry out additional digital transactions.
- PhonePe – PhonePe is one of the UPI enabled payments app which has garnered much respect in recent days. You can also recharge the PhonePe wallet for faster payments. The company is a subsidiary of Flipkart which is one of the online retail giants. It excels in transferring money with fewer steps than other apps for sending money.
- Paytm – Paytm is well known for the number of categories of vendors that it has tied up with. From movie tickets to mutual funds and investment in gold, it gives a lot of options to the users. The Paytm codes are also available practically everywhere, even with small merchants.
- Google Pay – Since it is a Google product, it is a product that you can find internationally as well. It has a clean interface and one of the notable features is that it is not a mobile wallet. It only has the UPI feature however it can make payment using any QR code for example Paytm or PhonePe. It also has some great security features. It also has a Tez Mode where you can send money to a nearby device without sharing any details similar to ShareIt.
- Mobikwik – Mobikwik is one of the clean and swanky UPI app with some UI elements. The best feature of this app is that you can enable auto recharges so that, your prepaid recharges or DTH recharges happen automatically on the set period.
These are some of the best payment apps with features that give them some unique features. If you are an Airtel customer, Airtel Payments Bank is a great option since it does offer some excellent additional features to the Airtel customers.