As the error message indicates, it usually occurs due to the FFXIV server outage issue or possibly if the internet connection is slow or not working properly.
Well, the error is not as complicated as it seems as there are a couple of fixes that work for many players to resolve the error in their case.
So keep reading the article and follow the given fixes one by one.
What causes FFXIV? Connection With The Server Was Lost ?
- Internet problem – If you have an unstable or slow internet connection, the probability of checking the error is greatly increased.
- Server Outages: If the game server experiences any crashes from the developer or if the server is under maintenance, the error is likely to appear more frequently.
- Corrupted game files: If the Final Fantasy 14 some game files get corrupted or missing, you may get an error when starting the game.
- Security program conflict: Many times, third-party antivirus prevents game files from establishing a connection to the server, and as a result, you may see this error.
With that being said, let’s look at the solutions that would help you. fix FFXIV Connection with the Server was lost error .
How to fix FFXIV Connection with the Server was Lost ?
Solution 1 – Check the status of the game server
The FFXIV game servers may have some issues or are under maintenance thanks to Square Enix’s bug developer side. Attacks like the DDOS attack play a big role in showing the error.
So here we recommend to wait some time without playing it and allow the server end to respond first. Also, you can check the server status from the FFXIV official Twitter page or from the Downdetector website.
If you find that the server is under maintenance, all you need to do is wait for the server to start up again.
Solution 2 – Check your internet connection speed
If your Internet connection is not working properly or is working slowly, you may have this type of problem.
Therefore, make sure your internet connection is stable and offers adequate speed. Additionally, you can also reset your router and modem to fix some kind of network failure.
Also in some games, using a WiFi connection proves to be a slower insight than a normal Ethernet connection.
While Ethernet is more stable and experiences fewer dropouts, WiFi is prone to more errors and more packet loss than Ethernet does. Therefore, it is better to opt for a wired or Ethernet connection.
We also recommend checking your cables and getting them replaced if they are old and worn out. Also, make sure you have the connection properly configured before you start with an Ethernet connection.
If necessary, connect to your Internet Service Provider to check and troubleshoot Internet-related issues.
Solution 3 – Try using a VPN
In a situation where traffic is being held up by your ISP and causing potential server-level lag, the best option would be to use a VPN. This would help you bypass any online restrictions and help you access the internet without any restrictions. Therefore, we recommend,
- Install any suitable VPN of your choice
- Subscribe to a package based on your choice
- Sign in to your VPN account and start the service
- Choose a fast server. Make sure you choose the more localized ones as the farther ones are generally slower.
- start playing FFXIV and check whether the FFXIV error code 10105 error appears or not
Get ExpressVPN for unrestricted internet access
Solution 4 – Repair Corrupted Game Files
If any of the game files are corrupted or missing, you are more likely to see the error. As it interrupts the game from running properly and blocks establishing a connection to the server. Then repairing game files might work for you.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the Steam platform and then search for the FFXIV game in your library .
- Right click on the FFXIV and then click on the Properties menu
- After that, click on the Local Files
- Next, click on the Verify integrity of game files option
- Wait for the scanning process to finish
After the process is finished, restart the FFXIV game and see if the error still appears or not.
Solution 5 – Flush your DNS
The DNS or domain name server plays an important role in affecting the performance of the Internet as a whole. This also makes your system prone to showing FFXIV Connection with the Server was Lost. So flushing the DNS may work for you.
Here follow the steps to Flush DNS,
Open Command Prompt and enter the given commands one by one and hit Enter after each.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig/ registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
Make sure to reboot your system once the process is done. Restart Final Fantasy XIV to see if the server error is gone for good. Cleaning the DNS address, therefore, solves the connectivity problems and also the game logs. Use it to refine your device and play FFXIV.
Solution 6 – Use compatibility settings
Finally, if all the above steps didn’t work, then the problem might be with your compatibility settings. Therefore, configuring the compatibility settings would help the game behave normally. The steps to follow include,
- Locate the FFXIV game on your system and right click on it
- Choose Properties out of the displayed menu
- Locate the Compatibility tab available on the page
- Now choose Windows 7 out of the options menu that is displayed
- Choose this and Run this Program as an Administrator option
- Then click Apply and click Ok
- Reboot your system
Launch FFXIV and check if the issue is finally resolved or not.
Solution 7 – Disable antivirus
If you still see the error, here it is suggested to disable the 3rd party antivirus program or the Windows Firewall . There are chances that the security program is blocking some of the game files and preventing them from connecting to the server.
So please disable your antivirus program or Windows firewall temporarily and then launch the game to see if the error still appears or not.
Solution 8 – Uninstall and reinstall the game
If none of the solutions mentioned above work in your case, all you need to do is uninstall the FFXIV game and then reinstall it. This will resolve the internal corruption present in the game and reinstall the game.
Follow the steps to uninstall FFXIV:
- Open the Steam app and click on the Library option.
- From the list find the FFXIV game and click on it
- Now on the right side click on gear icon and click on Manage option
- Then select Uninstall .
Wait for the uninstall process to complete, now reinstall the Final Fantasy 14 game and it is estimated that the error is now fixed.
The best way to optimize your game performance on Windows PC
Most of the gamers face issues like game crashes, lags or stutters while playing the game. If that is your condition, then optimize your game performance by running Game Booster .
This boosts the game by optimizing system resources and offers better gameplay. Not only this, but it also fixes common game issues like lag and low FPS issues.
Get Game Booster, to optimize your game performance
FFXIV connection with the server was lost 10105 error is finally put to rest with these tips in hand.
Play your favorite Final Fantasy XIV without worry and follow these cheats in case you find yourself in trouble. Unless the issue is on the developer’s side, the other cheats are left to your discretion.
Also, scanning your system with PC Repair Tool is suggested here as many times the error appears due to internal PC issues and errors. So scan your system completely to fix various Windows PC related issues and errors.
I hope the article will help you to fix the error and start playing.